Thursday 2 May 2013

Draft 2.

My experience completing draft 2 was also difficult.. suprise suprise! I am so technologically inept its ridiculous, but I have tried my best.
 
In this image, I have attempted to show the correlation between the above, ground and below level spaces. For the final model, I think I must attempt to distinguish the above and ground level spaces more clearly. I have also evolved the curved facade into something more organic, having experimented with the sandbox tool.
 

 
Through the use of contrasting colour, especially for the below ground studio, you can see the juxtaposing angles, whereby the above ground studio is smooth (representing the violin) and the below ground studio is more jagged and angular (representing the motocycle).
 

This image portrays the shapes created in the ground and above ground studio spaces. A significant change from last time includes the creation of windows and translucent apertures to let in natural light and create a sense of connection between the internal and the external.
I have also attempted a roof window, but I think it is impractical as the sandbox tool is difficult to use when manipulating the depth of the surface. Therefore, the thickness of the window cannot be changed easily.

This image shows my attempt at applying the textures onto the building. I have played with the size of the image in proportion to the surface. I think for the final model, I will place the majority of the textures on the internal surfaces.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment